[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Authority control enhancements in the works

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 20:08:25 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> In early July, I plan to spend two weeks working with the team at the
> International Institute of Social History (IISH) - you may have seen
> Repke and Marjolein on various Evergreen mailing lists. One of our goals
> is to come out of our time together with some additional functionality,
> particularly in the areas of authority control (yay!). Our other,
> arguably primary goal, is to share as much knowledge as I can with the
> team at IISH and help cultivate more development talent locally at IISH
> and, by extension, in the general Evergreen community (double yay!).
>
> For the proposed authority enhancements that we plan to work towards,
> I've created a Launchpad Blueprint at
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/evergreen/+spec/respect-my-authorities ; you'll find the meatier details of the proposed enhancements at http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:proposal:authorities
>
> We welcome your thoughts, suggestions, warnings, and if you have
> full-fledged examples including sample authority and bib records to
> illustrate your concerns or ideas, those would be fabulous.

First, thanks both to Dan and the IISH team!

I've updated the wiki page (
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:proposal:authorities )
with some information about implementation that I've been working on
over the last couple days.  This is all backend infrastructure, and
should not effect the overall implementation, but thoughts and
concerns are welcome.