[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Possible patch to enable bookbag selector in barcode search results

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 13:10:39 EST 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net> wrote:
> We noticed that the results of an advanced search by barcode would not
> display the "add to bookbag" extra actions selector when users were
> logged in. I tracked it down far enough to find a correspondence with
> the "recordDrawn" event in rdetail.js, and found that calling
> rdetailSetExtrasSelector() before running the "recordDrawn" event would
> at least show us the bookbags.
>
> There's obviously some other underlying problem that should be fixed,
> but this patch against rel_1_6_0 at least fixes this particular problem.
> I'm posting the patch here in case someone more familiar with the
> intricacies of rdetail.js might spot the real problem; I'll apply the
> patch to trunk, rel_1_6, and rel_1_6_0 later today (unless someone
> speaks up first!)

If this makes the from-barcode code path congruent with the
from-record-id code path, and they are indeed separate code paths (I
haven't looked), then I say commit away.  If they're the same code
path, though, I'd love to see more eyes on it before we commit it to
rel_1_6_0 ... I'm less concerned about the forward branches.