[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Re: 1.4.0.4 -> 1.6.0.3 not a smooth upgrade: not seeing copy summaries

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Mon Mar 22 15:46:55 EDT 2010

On 22 March 2010 15:41, Victoria Bush <vbush at ilstu.edu> wrote:
> This behavior of not seeing the copy status is still showing up in the OPAC, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I have run autogen several times, started and stopped the Apache server, and vacuumed the databases in an attempt to isolate the problem. I was able to see copy statuses this morning, then after checking over the system administrator pages in the staff client and making some small tweaks, I decided to play it safe and run autogen and restart Apache. Alas, I'm back to not seeing copy statuses.
>
> I am seeing the following error message popping up in several different logs, which may or may not be related:
>
>> Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/OpenSRF/Application.pm line 118.
>
> The relevant line in Application.pm, though, is seemingly just a direct to the log file:
>
>> $log->info("CALL: $method_name [". (@p ? join(', ', at p) : '') ."]");
>
> This error is showing up in:
>> open-ils.search_unix.log
>> open-ils.storage_unix.log
>> open-ils.actor_unix.log
>> open-ils.circ_unix.log
>> vandelay_unix.log
>
> Now OpenSRF was updated to 1.2.2 per the update instructions, and in testing the connections it seemed to work fine.
>
> What information would be most helpful in tracking this down?

A link to your catalogue would be a good start, so we can see if
anything is turning up in JavaScript calls & check the JavaScript
generated by autogen.sh

More context from the logs would be useful; gateway.log and
osrfsys.log are probably the most interesting ones.

Setting your database to log statements would be good, too; it's often
set to log nothing by default.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University