[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** Search Failures and re-ingest. RE: New Server/Upgrade from 1.4 to 1.6

Steve Wills steve.wills at lyrasis.org
Sun May 16 20:36:09 EDT 2010

I am curious if my problem is a reingest issue now that I read the below.

My original question was:

I am experiencing a situation on a new Evergreen system where the OPAC is  hanging and probably timing out when looking for a keyword.

A recent example was the keyword "Mitchell" which hung with the spinning circle forever until I closed the browser and restarted it again.  I repeated the process several times and hung each time.  I then searched for "Mitchell" as a subject instead of a keyword and found 278 rows of results.  Upon searching again as a keyword the results came right back as if cached.

Is there a utility program that "spiders" a freshly migrated site so that I don't have these hangs on a lazy search?

I just tried this and got 1-10 of 278 records found for Mitchell.  I selected 'next page' through the 4th page of results just fine.

Does this has something to do with the TSearch and the Cache?

I am most grateful for any insights on this.

Stev3 Wills
OS Consultant, LYRASIS