[OPEN-ILS-DEV] dojo fixes backported for 1_6_1 (was: So close I can TASTE it)

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Fri May 21 16:47:20 EDT 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Bill Erickson <erickson at esilibrary.com>wrote:

>> So, this is a final call for fixes or backporting before we cut
>> 1.6.0.1.  Speak now or hold your piece for a little while.
>>
>>  <http://www.esilibrary.com>
>>

> I've identified a set of JS files that are possible 1.6.0.1 candidates.  In
> trunk, they have received a number of bug fixes and some relatively minor
> feature enhancements.  They could be back-ported wholesale (i.e. sans any
> merging).
>
> Open-ILS/web/js/dojo/openils/Event.js
>   -- very minor bug fix
>
> Open-ILS/web/js/dojo/openils/PermaCrud.js
>   -- better handling of response and error reporting
>
> Open-ILS/web/js/dojo/openils/widget/AutoFieldWidget.js
>   - small fixes
>   - support for ternary boolean widgets (true/false/null)
>   - 2 user-visible changes in
> http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/changeset/15395 and
> http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/changeset/15397
>
> Open-ILS/web/js/dojo/openils/widget/AutoGrid.js
>   - Partial support for paging, enough to function and nothing more.  This
> will only be user visible if enabled for a given instance of the grid.
>   - numerous other small fixes
>   - additional widget override options
>
> Open-ILS/web/js/dojo/openils/widget/EditPane.js
>   - additional widget override options
>
> Open-ILS/web/js/dojo/openils/widget/nls/AutoFieldWidget.js
>   - text for ternary booleans

These and a few additional fixes have been back-ported to rel_1_6 in
anticipation of 1.6.1.  In particular, paging and caching should help out
the sluggish autogrid displays (circ/hold policy interfaces, etc.).  Testing
is very much appreciated before 1.6.1 is cut from the branch.

Thanks

-b

--
Bill Erickson