[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** Intro and question

Joy Wandrey jwandrey at washingtonkylibrary.org
Tue May 25 09:37:20 EDT 2010

Hi all,
I'm Joy, and I'm director of a small rural library in Kentucky. We
recently migrated to Evergreen, with the help of Equinox. (mid march).
We have a year's worth of support, but it's been a bit slow lately, I
think because of the strangeness of the issues we are having,  and I
wondered if any of you might have any additional ideas.
We're still having some issues here, mostly with permissions I think.
1. We need to be able to move items from one location (wcpl) to another
(bookmobile), and we can't seem to get copy buckets to work for this
purpose. It works in "super-user" mode, but doesn't seem to work for
anyone else, even the catalogers if they aren't in super-user mode.
2. We're also having an issue where a patron's status of "has too many
overdue items" gets stuck on their record and does not go away, even
when the items are checked in. This is not the way it worked at first.
Once we had checked in or renewed the offending items the message would
go away, and it worked this way for the first 4-6 weeks, then something
changed, and now the "overdues" message doesn't go away unless we go
into messages and remove it from there. I've also tried to change the
overdues threshold so that it's more lenient, but can't seem to make
that work either.
3. Reports module is giving us some trouble at the moment also. I have
made a "one month's circulation" report, so that my board can see how
we're doing. It worked the first time I did it, after some tinkering.
But now that I need to do it again I can't seem to get it to work. I can
pull up the specifics of the report, choose the appropriate month, etc,
but when I get down to the part where it wants me to choose a folder for
the output it gives me only an option I can't see in my folder list. I
think the report is running, but if I can't see the folder where it's
being stored, then I can't get to the results.

Any ideas?
We're on Ubuntu 9.10, and Evergreen 6.1.0.3
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Joy

--
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss