[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** is there a way to move items from one location to another without using the transit function

Joy Wandrey jwandrey at washingtonkylibrary.org
Wed May 26 09:43:14 EDT 2010

     Hi All,
We're such a small library here that we are looking for a way to move
items from our building to our bookmobile without using the transit
feature, which would require an additional scan of each item (to check
them in to the bookmobile location). Does anyone know of any way of
moving an item's location without engaging the transit feature?
We need to know where the items are physically located so that we can
find them for our patrons, but if we have to scan them all once to check
them out, then 2 minutes later scan them all again to check them in to
the bookmobile location, that seems like a lot of extra work for us, and
we don't really have the staff to do that.
We are in a very rural area, and also need to find a way to make our
bookmobile computer work well with Evergreen. The process seems to be
rather involved to be doing the offline circulation process every day.
And we still, when circulating offline, end up with patrons who are
blocked being allowed to take out materials, which we then never see again.
Has anyone found a way to make this easier or more streamlined? Any
ideas would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
  Joy Wandrey

--
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss