[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Serials Schema Proposal - Further De-emphasis of MARC as Record Format

Repke de Vries repke at xs4all.nl
Mon May 31 10:46:39 EDT 2010

Thanks Mike - could you also confirm or comment on our understanding
of your Class 1 scenario ?

Class 1 would be the IISH's other Serials case where we have:
" .. periodicals arriving at the Institute with a collection of
books, archive, photos etc. .. these do not
have to be linked with all the serial management data, they only
have / need a 852 (call number) and a 866 (textual holding)..."

meaning that such "legacy MFHD records" sit as MARC column in the SRE
and can be edited, added to and exported again as MFHD records
(legacy + maintenance)

and for this scenario the system can be told *not* to interpret
imported MFHD data  - "nothing hanging off the other side" - and that
MFHD MARC Editor functionality is enough ?

Seems like it.

Repke, IISH

Op 30-mei-2010, om 17:16 heeft Mike Rylander het volgende geschreven: