[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Search Catalog added to Button Bar

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Wed Nov 3 11:37:15 EDT 2010

In our consortium, we have the Button Bar for our Evergreen staff
clients enabled all the time.  As a result, we have had lots of feedback
from users that there is a need to include a "Search Catalog" option on
the Button Bar.

This is our first attempt at writing something against trunk and
submitting it as a minor patch.  Melissa Lefebvre created the icon for
the button by adapting existing icon sets.  I set out to create the
requisite .diff file against a recent copy of trunk.  I was unsure of
how to apply our changes to other locales' lang.dtd files, the one I
found most immediately was for en-US (our default).

If the community approves, we would like to see this become part of
future releases of Evergreen 1.6 and 2.0.

Thank you for your consideration.

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum