[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Proposed modification to 1.6.0.4-1.6.1.0-upgrade-db.sql

Peters, Michael MRPeters at library.IN.gov
Mon Nov 8 15:07:16 EST 2010

Hi all,

In working through the process of updating a 1.6.0.0 test server to 2.0 Alpha 5 I ran across a problem with this particular upgrade.  It was impossible for me to excute line 531 of the old script:

ALTER TABLE acq.purchase_order ADD COLUMN name TEXT NOT NULL;

I modified line 531 to first give the name column an empty string for a name, then later added the "NOT NULL" constraint on this column via the new line 532.

Thanks to atz for helping me catch this!

Sincerely,
Michael Peters
Indiana State Library MIS | Inspire.IN.gov Helpdesk | Evergreen Indiana Helpdesk
office - 317.234.2128
email - mrpeters at library.in.gov<mailto:mrpeters at library.in.gov>