[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Bug with start_all in opensrf.py?

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Nov 9 09:36:30 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 08:51:49AM -0500, Bill Erickson wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 9:07 PM, Michael J. Giarlo <
> leftwing at alumni.rutgers.edu> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 20:42, Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'd like to see the opensrf.xml file, personally!
> > >

> Does anything interesting come up with: egrep "ERR|WARN" osrfsys.log?
>
> You could also try un-commenting the exception handling at the end of
> osrf.server:run() (around line 121) and trying the test again.

I reproduced Michael's problem with a set of three services on my
laptop. Based on Bill's suggestion on IRC, I pointed all of the child
processes stdin/stdout/stderr to /dev/null and wrapped it all in a
try/catch block that seems to have resolved the problem on my system;
see http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/OpenSRF/changeset/2061 for the
changeset.

Aside: https://bugs.launchpad.net/opensrf is available for bug reports
and wishlist items for OpenSRF, should we want to track things more
formally. Hopefully all bugs are as easy to resolve as this one :)