[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** RE: ***SPAM*** RE: ***SPAM*** RE: Trouble with 1.6.1. > 2.0 upgrade

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 12:20:44 EST 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Peters, Michael
<MRPeters at library.in.gov> wrote:
> Mike,
>
> I actually think this is going to affect me all the way back through even some of the 1.6 upgrades.
>
> Since this is just for testing purposes, would you know off hand which schema's I could drop from my snapshot and let the upgrades recreate?

Honestly, I wouldn't suggest you drop anything.  If it expects
something to be there, and it's not, it will fail.

More generally, upgrades of non-stock DBs are non-trivial no matter
what, so, since you're doing this on your own in a testing
environment, your best bet is to address each step individually and
deviate from the stock upgrade scripts where needed.  IOW, use the
stock upgrade scripts as a starting point, not a final solution.
There will parts of upgrades you can simply comment out, because you
already have those bits, and there will be parts you need to move
around because of the non-stockness of your db.  It will take planning
time up front, but will pay for itself in knowledge down the road.

If your goal, though, is simply to test the stock upgrade path (much
appreciated, if so!), you may be better off using a stock 1.6.0.0
schema with some test data loaded and proceeding forward from that
point.