[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Autocompleting text boxes in trunk

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Nov 17 10:31:03 EST 2010

On 17 November 2010 10:21, Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley
> <lebbeous at esilibrary.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> A recent commit to trunk, http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/changeset/18762 ,
>> features a new data store for Dojo widgets that can lazy-load items using
>> open-ils.pcrud.
>>
> [snip]
>>
>> For now, I'm posing this question: should the pcrud-based Dojo data store
>> and the autocompleting text box be backported to the 2.0 and 1.6 branches?
>>  The commit referenced above includes a sprinkling of the widget (one place
>> in Acquisitions, three places in booking), but there are several more places
>> where it could be usefully deployed.  The dropdowns that need replaced are
>> those that may seem fine in development/test setups, but become unwieldy or
>> even unusable with a lot a real, production data loaded.
>>

> IMO this makes it a bug fix and should be backported.  Extending the
> reach to areas not currently broken might be too much, but that's not
> proposed ... I say +1.

Agreed. A working acquisitions system is one of the backbones (planks?
requirements?) of the Evergreen 2.0 release. If it can't handle a
production level of data, then it couldn't be called "working".

+1 to getting this into 2.0.

For 1.6, are you looking at this for rel_1_6, or rel_1_6_1? I would
prefer to be conservative about rel_1_6_1; for rel_1_6, I'm less
concerned, but there's probably a whole separate discussion that needs
to be held about whether the rapidly approaching 2.0 release (fingers
crossed!) means that we should stop thinking about the possibility of
a 1.6.2.x release.