[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** 2.0 Beta3 Upgrade Script Troubles

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Sun Nov 28 06:23:42 EST 2010

I was poking around with the 1.6.1-2.0 upgrade script that comes with
Evergreen 2.0 Beta3.  Two issues came up during our upgrade process
using a copy of our live production data (based on a 1.6.1.4 system).

Firstly, from line 33:

SELECT SETVAL('asset.uri'::TEXT, (SELECT MAX(id) + 1 FROM asset.uri));

This command seems to cause some problems when attempting to run against
our fake example asset.uri entry (which is set with id of "-1").  Will
have to verify this though, I only managed to test it twice and noting
that the upgrade was failing early on I commented out the line to
continue checking the rest of the process.

Secondly,

psql:/home/opensrf/Evergreen-ILS-2.0-beta3/Open-ILS/src/sql/Pg/1.6.1-2.0-upgrade-db.sql:17044:
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "use"
LINE 118: use strict;

There were alot of failures starting at line 17044 of the upgrade
script.  Guessing there's some sort of syntax problem based on the error
messages I generated.  I'm attaching a full copy of my upgrade log.

Thanks and good luck,

-- Ben

--
Benjamin Shum