[OPEN-ILS-DEV] setting up a standalone DB server

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Fri Oct 1 11:03:19 EDT 2010

Thanks, Joe - and everyone who assisted me on this. It turns out that the Makefile.install script, when run in full, pulls in the libmarc-charset-perl (version 0.98) package and all of its dependencies. When installing MARC::File::XML via CPAN, it attempts to install the MARC::Charset (1.31 currently) prerequisite, which fails on the make test. I don't know why CPAN doesn't pull in the same dependencies. A closer look at the Debian lenny package ( http://packages.debian.org/lenny/libmarc-charset-perl ) would probably provide the answer.

Chris Sharp
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150