[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen 2.0 alpha4 new sidebar facets

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Thu Oct 14 11:04:06 EDT 2010

Thanks Mike,

I got them to reingest after cleaning up the marc field in the biblio.record_entry table.

For other who venture into this:
One of the troublesome marcxml segments was this: ...<datafield xmlns:marc="http://www.loc.gov/MARC21/slim" tag="300" ind1=" " ind2=" "/>...

It was basically an empty 300 tag with no subfields. The indicators actually have blank spaces but the error message indicated a problem with the indicators even though the problem was with the lack of subfields.

After cleaning that up, reingesting worked and facets appear.

By default it looks like Author, Subject and Series sidebar facets work "out of the box", correct? If we adjust the table to add or remove facets, do we need to reingest the records again for changes to take effect?

We plan to test 2.0 and should be providing feedback as we go along.

As a side note, I installed on Lucid Lynx and it seems to work pretty well so far. Perhaps we can add a successfully tested note regarding Lucid Lynx and include the distribution references?   I wasn't sure if there were any serious side effects discovered by others when attempting to install on Ubuntu?

I also must say that I see a lot of wonderful improvements and added features in 2.0 so kudos to all the developers!

Thanks,
Robert

Robert Soulliere, BA (Hons), MLIS
Systems Librarian