[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** Building/installing Everygreen (Open ILS) staff client under CentOS 5

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed Sep 1 12:42:08 EDT 2010

> 1) Do I have to build and install OpenSRF in order to build *only* the
> staff client?  If so, why?  The only dependency the the configure file
> for Everygreen checks for that *seems* to be needed for the staff client
> is OpenSRF, and it seems it just wants to copy some JavaScript code
> over. Is there some way to avoid having to build and install OpenSRF,
> *just to build* the staff client?

Coming back to this, I think the OpenSRF javascript may just get used
for the server side pieces of the staff client.  Right now the build
is tangled, and you build remote and local pieces of the client
together.  If we can untangle this, it'd be possible to build just the
local client with fewer dependencies.  Anyone have the itch to do
that? :D

--
Jason Etheridge