[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Documentation technical questions and clarifications

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Wed Sep 1 15:16:53 EDT 2010

 Hi Robert,

I'm not sure about the source of the yaz-client problem, but I
replicated your test for the SRU connection using yaz-client version
3.0.52 (using a Ubuntu 10.04 desktop) and it returned similar failures.
I tried the same test using a yaz-client on one of our test servers,
version 3.0.34 and the tests ran perfectly fine.  No proof, but maybe
this indicates it is a yaz-client version problem as you hypothesized.

For the other questions though:

1)  In 1.6 as far as I know, I think the action/trigger mechanism is
used only to control e-mail hold/overdue notices.  We still use the
opensrf.xml configuration to handle print notices on our system.  Hoping
to see this moved to the staff client for 2.0+

2)  Not sure about this part, will try to take a look, but our 1.6
system doesn't play nice with rendering those portions of the staff client.

Good luck,

Ben

--
Benjamin Shum