[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Upgrading PostgreSQL: 8.3 -> 8.4

Scott McKellar mck9 at swbell.net
Thu Sep 2 13:07:52 EDT 2010

--- On Thu, 9/2/10, Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net> wrote:
> Scott McKellar wrote:

<snip -- about migrating to PG 8.4>

> This looks really helpful, Scott. Any chance you could
> provide it
> explicitly under a CC license so that we could add it to
> the wiki /
> incorporate it into the documentation?
>
> http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:documentation_licensing_terms
>
> Many thanks,
> Dan

I'm not sure how the legal niceties work.  Since I produced the write-up as an employee of ESI, it is a work for hire.  The copyright therefore defaults to ESI, who has exclusive rights to license it, in the absence of any arrangement to the contrary.

(Boilerplate disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, and the foregoing does not constitute legal advice.)

That said, I have no objection to publishing it on the wiki under the usual CC license, and I wouldn't expect anyone at ESI to object either.

Scott McKellar