[OPEN-ILS-DEV] z39.50 again

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Thu Sep 9 13:04:15 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 13:55 -0300, Grant Johnson wrote:
> Yes
>  - forcing the LDR/09 to be "a" resolves the current issue.
> However - That isn't really a solution going forward.
> Records will keep coming in that require this adjustment which can't be
> dome at the client level.

In the worst case scenario, you could set a cron job that runs that
update statement every day to catch all the new records. Or create the
INSERT and UPDATE triggers that would ensure that the change happens
immediately.

> The updated SuperCat.pm didn't seem to resolve this issue for me...
> I'll verify that I have the correct one
>  - Is its purpose to "add an a" to position LDR  9 for all records as
> they are returned by a search?

That was the intention, but it is certainly possible that it is not
working as designed.