[OPEN-ILS-DEV] setting up a standalone DB server

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Thu Sep 30 08:57:54 EDT 2010

Thomas,

Thanks for replying so quickly.  I was thinking that might be a "quick and dirty" fix, but this is a sort of dry run for how we would implement a standalone database server for PINES, which has a very long history of I/O problems with its database servers, and I was thinking the slimmer the better as far as installed programs go...

Does anyone know which CPAN or OS package needs to be installed?  If not, I'll try to ferret out which packages might be related.  Seems like it's looking for some sort of character set (Unicode, maybe?) that's not present on a vanilla Debian lenny install.  I'll report back what I find.

Thanks!

Chris

Chris Sharp
PINES Program Manager