[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Unable to use Lenny_1614.ovf and VMWare Player

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Mon Apr 4 16:05:09 EDT 2011

On 4 April 2011 11:19, Joseph Lewis <joehms22 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rush,
>
> I can get the whole system running fine with about 512Mb of RAM alloted.
> Just close out of the VM, hit settings, then under System change the base
> memory (1.5 gigs seems a little high for LXDE).

For what it's worth, I suggest 1.5 GB to avoid running into the Linux
out-of-memory killer once you load some data into the system. When you
have an X environment, xulrunner staff client, and Ice Weasel browser
running along with ejabberd, postgresql, and a bunch of OpenSRF
processes, it doesn't take long for  the OOM to kick in and mysterious
problems start occurring. But yes, that's an estimate that's on the
conservative side of things - especially for Evergreen 1.6, which
starts up fewer OpenSRF services.