[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Diacriticals IISH sources

Joscha Filius eaglegrip at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 06:33:48 EDT 2011

In the attachment there is a .diff file containing patches with changes made
to a version of release 2.0.3 running on a server at IISH. I've tried to
select the changes and files that are relevant to a diacritical insert
overlay. (I hope I have not forgot anything)

*What does it do?*
It adds a menu in the marc editor. The menu consists of a pallet of
diacritics which users can change by right clicking and selecting another
diacritic from a menu. Once selected the diacritic appears on the palette
and when they insert it by selecting it on the palette the value of the menu
button is persisted.

*The files consists of:*
a javascript file that adds a listener to ctrl-s that opens up a menu in
marcedit fields and some code to insert selected diacriticals.
 and a xul file containing the menu structure and also all diacriticals
codes. Strings still need to be externalised for internationalisation etc.

*Bugs:*
A known bug is that is you switch marc edit styles back and forth the
listener trigger won't work anymore. Also for a far as I know there is at
least another bug concerning layout which is as far as I know not the result
of my doing.

*Here comes a possibly nasty part*, to ensure that the diacriticals remain
intact throughout the persist I've changed global_util.js to URL encode and
URL decode all stored values. This might cause backwards incompatibility
with values that are already stored for other purposes without encoding.
This needs to be checked.

kind regards,
Joscha Filius

PS.
There are some other changes I've implemented for IISH that you might want
to implement
Like minor bug fixes and making the new marc template selection for
cataloging sticky.