[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Staff Client - Custom HTML page functionality (howto)

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Thu Aug 4 12:31:50 EDT 2011

EG 2.0.6

Hello,

We have a custom URL link checker that generates a report entries like
below.

Record ID	Link	Error
8211893	http://219.238.166.217/pcgiap/tech_paprs/apsdi_cnts.htm	404 Not
Found
7961853
http://adaptation.nrcan.gc.ca/app/filerepository/B8F2AC678318441BB241FC1
C8B480F25.pdf	404 Not found
7961854
http://adaptation.nrcan.gc.ca/app/filerepository/F80B56D9915F465784EBC57
907478C14.pdf	404 Not found

We'd like to point the Record ID column to the actual OPAC record
details:

href="http://catalogue.nrcan.gc.ca/opac/en-CA/skin/default/xml/rdetail.x
ml?r=7961854">7961854</a></td>

But the behaviour we'd like to achieve is to have it work like a record
ID search in the Staff Client, calling up the record using whatever
default view you have in your settings (e.g. MARC editor). So
essentially same behaviour as "Retrieve Record by Record ID".

What kind of additional markup do we need to include in this page so
that we get this record id link "smart" to being in the staff client,
rather than simply calling up a 'dumb' rdetail page?

Thanks,

George Duimovich
NRCan Library