[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Staff Client - Custom HTML page functionality(howto)

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Thu Aug 4 13:15:22 EDT 2011

Thanks for the quick reply Jason. Cool!

George
NRCan Library
-----Original Message-----
From: open-ils-dev-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org [mailto:open-ils-dev-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Jason Etheridge
Sent: August 4, 2011 13:00
To: Evergreen Development Discussion List
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Staff Client - Custom HTML page functionality(howto)

> We'd like to point the Record ID column to the actual OPAC record details:
> href="http://catalogue.nrcan.gc.ca/opac/en-CA/skin/default/xml/rdetail
> .xml?r=7961854">7961854</a></td>
<snip>
> What kind of additional markup do we need to include in this page so
> that we get this record id link "smart" to being in the staff client,
> rather than simply calling up a 'dumb' rdetail page?

Do something like

var record_id = 7961854;

var content_params = {
    'session' : ses(),
    'authtime' : ses('authtime'),
    'opac_url' : xulG.url_prefix(
          urls.opac_rdetail
    ) + '?r=' + record_id;
};

xulG.new_tab( // or xulG.set_tab
    xulG.url_prefix(urls.XUL_OPAC_WRAPPER),
    {'tab_name': 'Retrieving title...' },
    content_params
);

In master, the '?r=' is bundled into the urls.opac_rdetail constant and wouldn't be specified here.

--
Jason Etheridge