[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Staff Client - Custom HTML page functionality(howto)

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Thu Aug 4 17:08:44 EDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Whalen, Liam
<Liam.Whalen at nrcan-rncan.gc.ca> wrote:
> I know I need to include some javascript files to get this running, and
> I have been trying to figure out which ones for a bit now.  Is there a
> website somewhere that explains what I need to do to get a valid xulG
> object?  Currently, I have an a link that uses onclick to execute the
> code provided above, but it gives me the following error: 'TypeError:
> xulG.url_prefix is not a function'.

Most tabs the staff client opens will get a xulG (though maybe not
before the onload event), however, any page change (say following an

Note, there is a XUL_BROWSER interface that lets you put an arbitrary
page in a xul <browser/> element (which is like an iframe), and will
re-inject xulG into the content window on every page load.  It may be
worth loading the portal page in such, but some libraries have links
out to the wild internet, and you don't want those getting access to
xulG.  In general, the staff client isn't safe for web browsing, and
will be getting less safe as time goes on.

--
Jason Etheridge