[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Reg: srfsh issue

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Aug 8 17:43:35 EDT 2011

> Now I have a question (might sound even silly but being a newbie unable to
> figure it out). We are not able to add even a single book. Referred a lot a
> manuals, 'Add volumes' & 'Add books' tabs are always grayed out and hence we
> couldn't add.

Shiva, you'll need to add a bibliographic record describing the book,
and enter a barcode for the specific item in-hand.

Perhaps the easiest thing to do is use "Cataloging -> Import Record from Z39.50"

Enter the title and author fields and search the Library of Congress
from that interface.

If you find what you're looking for, select it, and choose "Import".
The interface will open a MARC Editor in a new tab.  Make sure the
"Fast Item Add" option is checked, and enter a call number and item
barcode in the fields that appear below it.  Then choose "Import
Record".  When a "Copies" window pops-up, choose "Modify/Create
Copies".

You'll now have a bib record in the system that you can search for,
and a barcoded item attached to that record that you can circulate.

--
Jason Etheridge