[OPEN-ILS-DEV] installation issue with Evergreen 2.0.8 on Ubuntu 11.04

jean-philippe robichaud jean.philippe.robichaud at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 22:36:52 EDT 2011

Hello everyone.

Originally, I installed EG 2.0.3 on a fresh Ubunto 10.04 box and the
installation went fine.  Unfortunately, I didn't had the chance to put this
box in "production" (for a very small church library) and time passed by.  I
decided to upgrade the box to Ubuntu 11.04 and push the EG version to 2.0.8
so I followed the instructions again (the opensrf release at that time was
still on the 1.6 branch, now it is 2.0.0).

So I dropped the postgres "evergreen" db and followed the new installation
guide (installing opensrf, creating the postgres db, then installing
evergreen).

Now everything seems fine according to settings-tester.pl, but I can't login
using the srfsh shell nor the xulrunner interface (the web-site shows up
properly it seems)

Here is what I have when I try to login (the 'egadmin/eglise' user/pw are
the one I gave as admin-user/admin-password to the
eg_db_config.plcommand).  The srfsh.log (attached) is not helping me

**

opensrf at biblio:~/evergreen$ srfsh
srfsh# login egadmin eglise

Received Data: "bba887e71566956dfb8cbc1c76b6f0fa"

------------------------------------
Request Completed Successfully
Request Time in seconds: 0.004986
------------------------------------

Received Data: {
  "ilsevent":1000,
  "textcode":"LOGIN_FAILED",
  "desc":"User login failed",
  "pid":9640,
  "stacktrace":"oils_auth.c:565"
}

------------------------------------
Request Completed Successfully
Request Time in seconds: 0.024701
------------------------------------
Login Session: (none).  Session timeout: 0.000000
srfsh# exit

Now here is what the setting-tester.pl is reporting.  In the zip file
attached are the openils config files, the srfsh log as well as the
.srfsh.xml config file.  Any help would be really appreciated.  I can
provide more files and run some more tests if needed.  Thanks for this great
software and for your help!

Jp

opensrf at biblio:~/evergreen$
./Evergreen-ILS-2.0.8/Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/settings-tester.pl
LWP::UserAgent version 5.835
XML::LibXML version 1.70
XML::LibXML::XPathContext version 1.70
XML::LibXSLT version 1.70
Net::Server::PreFork version 0.99
Cache::Memcached version 1.29
Class::DBI version 3.0.17
Class::DBI::AbstractSearch version 0.07
Template version 2.22
DBD::Pg version 2.17.2
Net::Z3950::ZOOM version 1.26
MARC::Record version 2.0.3
MARC::Charset version 1.31
MARC::File::XML version 0.93
Text::Aspell version 0.09
CGI version 3.43
DateTime::TimeZone version 1.23
DateTime version 0.66
DateTime::Format::ISO8601 version 0.06
DateTime::Format::Mail version 0.3001
Unix::Syslog version 1.1
GD::Graph3d version 0.63
JavaScript::SpiderMonkey version 0.20
Log::Log4perl version 1.29
Email::Send version 2.198
Text::CSV version 1.21
Text::CSV_XS version 0.80
Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::Big version 2.37
Tie::IxHash version 1.21
Parse::RecDescent version 1.965001
SRU version 0.99
JSON::XS version 2.32

Checking Jabber connection for user opensrf, domain private.localhost
* Jabber successfully connected

Checking Jabber connection for user opensrf, domain public.localhost
* Jabber successfully connected

Checking Jabber connection for user router, domain public.localhost
* Jabber successfully connected

Checking Jabber connection for user router, domain private.localhost
* Jabber successfully connected

Checking database connections
* /opensrf/default/reporter/setup :: Successfully connected to database
dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.storage/app_settings/databases ::
Successfully connected to database
dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.cstore/app_settings :: Successfully
connected to database dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.pcrud/app_settings :: Successfully
connected to database dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.qstore/app_settings :: Successfully
connected to database dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
* /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.reporter-store/app_settings :: Successfully
connected to database dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=localhost;port=5432
  * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.

Checking database drivers to ensure <driver> matches <language>
* ERROR: Unknown driver SIP in /opensrf/default/notifications/telephony
* ERROR: Unknown driver SIP in /opensrf/default/notifications/telephony
* OK: Pg language is undefined for reporter base configuration
* OK: Pg language is undefined for reporter base configuration
* OK: Pg language is perl in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.storage/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.cstore/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.pcrud/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.qstore/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in
/opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.reporter-store/language

Checking libdbi and libdbi-drivers
  * OK - found locally installed libdbi.so and libdbdpgsql.so in shared
library path

Checking hostname
 * OK: found hostname 'localhost' in <hosts> section of opensrf.xml