[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Integration of circ matrix improvements in other admin interfaces

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Aug 16 09:35:30 EDT 2011

Hi all,

As somebody who primarily uses staff client administrative interfaces, I
have been very excited about the work Joseph Lewis has been doing for GSoC.
I know it is going to make life much easier for staff client users. I was
just reading up on  <https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/800846>
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/800846. Since the issues
encountered in the circ policy editor are also found in other administrative
interfaces, I was wondering if there is a plan (or maybe something a little
less formal than a plan) to eventually integrate these improvements into
other administrative interfaces.

In particular, we've found that the acquisitions providers and funds
interfaces can become a little unwieldy in a consortial environment. Part of
the problem is due to the bug reported in
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/731510>
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/731510  that requires users to
repeatedly click next to get to their own library's providers. However, even
if 731510 were addressed, we have some libraries with a great number of
providers and funds and would benefit from some filtering.

Thanks all!

Kathy Lussier

Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator