[OPEN-ILS-DEV] installation issue with Evergreen 2.0.8 on Ubuntu 11.04

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Wed Aug 17 15:23:39 EDT 2011

Hello Jp,

I think your original message got through, so no need to worry.

As for your problem, I think it is likely that you are running into this bug:

I hit it myself a few days ago installing 2.0.8.  It can effectively prevent INSERTs into the actor.org_unit table, which then means no users, which then means no login.  If you are willing, please try replacing (in your Evergreen source download):

Open-ILS/src/sql/Pg/005.schema.actors.sql

with the code found at:

http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=blob_plain;f=Open-ILS/src/sql/Pg/005.schema.actors.sql;hb=890fa6b9dfa5ec7968ba1f79a5e2c96c84196cb6

After that, recreate the schema using the "Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/eg_db_config.pl" step, stop all, then restart all ("all" meaning router and perl and C services).  Please report back to let us know where you end up.

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Wells, Library Programmer Analyst dbw2 at calvin.edu
Hekman Library at Calvin College