[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Advised to contact for help

bfeifarek at q.com bfeifarek at q.com
Sun Aug 28 13:51:27 EDT 2011

Hi David,

I can't tell from the logs what your problem is, but perhaps some of the developers will recognize from those symptoms where the problem lies.

What I can tell you is that when I have set up OpenSRF on a virtual machine (Ubuntu Lucid 10.04), I also had to run all instructions in step 5 of the install instructions (http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=opensrf:2.0:install where it says 'If ejabberd reports that it is already stopped', even though my install did not report it was stopped ).  This was because until I explicitly told Ejabberd that it was named ejabberd at localhost, it had somewhere grabbed on to its original IP address but later on the virtual machine was issued a different IP address which messed up the OpenSRF communication.

Brian