[OPEN-ILS-DEV] A command to order the MARC XML

Whalen, Liam Liam.Whalen at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Thu Dec 1 15:53:46 EST 2011

Is there a SQL function or some other way to pass a bib id to a command
and have it reorder the MARC XML so that MARC tags appear in sequential
order within the MARC XML?

I'm using Evergreen 2.1.1, PostgreSQL 9.0.4, OpenSRF 2.0.1, and Ubuntu
10.04.

What I'm interested in doing is adding some 035 tags to some of our MARC
records via SQL, but determining where to place the 035 in the MARC XML
with SQL is not easy.  So, I was hoping I could just append a
<datafield> tag at the end of the last <datafield> tag and then have a
PostgreSQL function re-order the MARC XML for me.  Is that possible?

Liam