[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Drupal OpenSRF Modules

Bob Wicksall bwicksall at pls-net.org
Fri Dec 2 11:36:54 EST 2011

Is anyone interested in interfacing Drupal with Evergreen?  I've built two Drupal 6 modules.  They are currently Drupal 6 only since I haven't yet upgraded to Drupal 7.  The first module provides basic OpenSRF request functionality while the second integrates Evergreen authentication into Drupal.  I haven't yet created an official Drupal project but I'd like to get some feedback before I go much further.

You can get the modules here:

   http://download.pls-net.org/evergreen_opensrf-6.x-1.0.tar.gz
   http://download.pls-net.org/evergreen_auth-6.x-1.0.tar.gz

I consider the auth module Alpha quality so I recommend only installing it on a test system.  The OpenSRF module is pretty harmless.

The Auth module allows a user to logon to Drupal with their Evergreen barcode or username.  A new user is created in Drupal and keyed to Evergreen on the users id number.

The OpenSRF module provides two functions.  OpenSRFRequest is for a single request while OpenSRFRequest_multi submits multiple requests.

here is an example of how to fetch a MARC record in HTML format just like the OPAC:

   $marc_result = json_decode(OpenSRFRequest('evergreen-test.owwl.org', FALSE, FETCH_MARC_HTML, 167339, '' ));

Bob Wicksall
Systems Administrator

Pioneer Library System
2557 State Rt. 21