[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Drupal OpenSRF Modules

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Fri Dec 2 18:24:29 EST 2011

Thanks for working on this. We're also keen to see how Drupal can integrate with Evergreen and encouraged that somebody is exploring this direction.

Nice!

George Duimovich
NRCan Library / Bibliothèque de RNCan

-----Original Message-----
From: open-ils-dev-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org [mailto:open-ils-dev-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Bob Wicksall
Sent: December 2, 2011 11:37
To: Evergreen Development Discussion List
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Drupal OpenSRF Modules

Is anyone interested in interfacing Drupal with Evergreen?  I've built two Drupal 6 modules.  They are currently Drupal 6 only since I haven't yet upgraded to Drupal 7.  The first module provides basic OpenSRF request functionality while the second integrates Evergreen authentication into Drupal.  I haven't yet created an official Drupal project but I'd like to get some feedback before I go much further.

You can get the modules here:

   http://download.pls-net.org/evergreen_opensrf-6.x-1.0.tar.gz
   http://download.pls-net.org/evergreen_auth-6.x-1.0.tar.gz

I consider the auth module Alpha quality so I recommend only installing it on a test system.  The OpenSRF module is pretty harmless.

The Auth module allows a user to logon to Drupal with their Evergreen barcode or username.  A new user is created in Drupal and keyed to Evergreen on the users id number.

The OpenSRF module provides two functions.  OpenSRFRequest is for a single request while OpenSRFRequest_multi submits multiple requests.

here is an example of how to fetch a MARC record in HTML format just like the OPAC:

   $marc_result = json_decode(OpenSRFRequest('evergreen-test.owwl.org', FALSE, FETCH_MARC_HTML, 167339, '' ));

Bob Wicksall
Systems Administrator

Pioneer Library System
2557 State Rt. 21