[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Bibliographic records: Automatic Merge

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Tue Dec 13 15:35:35 EST 2011

Situation:  We imported at large batch of bibliographic records, tagged with a unique "tcn_source" or record source. There will be sub-standard duplicate bib records already in the system for most of these newly imported bibs, but we don't have any 901c values to match in the new records so can't use the "Merge On Exact Match (901c)" feature in MARC Import / Export.

Question:

Once imported, we can readily identify duplicates.  However, is there any SQL (or command line) method to invoke bibliographic record merge in an automated way where we a target bib id to be merged with a known lead record bib id?

Thanks,

George

George Duimovich
NRCan Library / Bibliothèque de RNCan