[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 2.1 documentaion: development chapters feedback request

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Wed Dec 14 10:21:14 EST 2011

Hi Developers,

Could you provide some quick feedback on the following chapters/topics in the development part of the documentation:

OpenSRF Introduction

Developing OpenSRF and Evergreen Applications

Intro to SQL

JSON

File Structure and Configuration Files

I know you are busy so if you could a quick only word indicator of either "use 2.0 docs", "leave out", "needs massive overhaul/updates" would be great.

Some of these chapters were taken from external sources so let me know if they have been updated elsewhere or if you could send updated files if you authored the source and are able to share.

Also let me know if something is missing from this section in the outline:
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs_2.1:outline&#partdevelopment

For example, I wonder if you could include this information on indexing which is on the wiki:
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=documentation:indexing

I am still wondering if we should remove the part on "Third Party Integration." This was requested in 2009 and as of yet we have not had any documentation contributed for that part so it has been empty since version 1.6 of the documentation.

Thanks,
Robert

Robert Soulliere, BA (Hons), MLIS
Systems Librarian
Mohawk College Library
robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Telephone: 905 575 1212 x3936
Fax: 905 575 2011

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the individual or entity named in the message.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible
to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is prohibited.  If this communication was received in error, please
notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy
the original message.