[OPEN-ILS-DEV] MARC Record Import from txt

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Thu Dec 15 22:50:52 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Elliot Voris <evoris at slcconline.edu> wrote:
> Hi, Dev Group!
>
> I've made some great progress, albeit in a round-about way. For whatever reason, I could not get the .sql file to work properly. I ended up having to copy/paste in a few waves my Marc records into the marcxml_import table using webmin. Not ideal, but I now have all the records in my database.
>
> I'm having trouble inserting it into the biblio.record_entry table, now. I'm taking the line right out of the sample script you gave, but it's having the following effect:
>
> evergreen=#
> evergreen=# INSERT INTO biblio.record_entry (marc, last_xact_id) SELECT marc, 'IMPORT' FROM marcxml_import;
> ERROR:  Unable to provide required features
> CONTEXT:  PL/Perl function "maintain_control_numbers"
> evergreen=#
>
> I found that there was mention in the changelog from 1.6.1.0 to 2.0.0 to the global flag 'cat.maintain_control_numbers', but I can't tell if I'm supposed to enable/disable it on my installation, or what. What do I need to do to insert my records from the one table to the next?

Elliot:

Rather than using Webmin, from the command line the command to load a
random SQL file is:

So... "psql -U evergreen -h localhost -f concerto.sql" should be all
you need, possibly passing in a password as well.

I can't say I've ever seen "ERROR: Unable to provide required
features" before... a quick Googling suggests that it's a problem with
your Perl XML modules
(http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/GRANTM/XML-SAX-0.99/SAX/ParserFactory.pm).
Assuming you've run the Makefile.install for Ubuntu Lucid on both
OpenSRF and Evergreen, it should work, but at this point I'll have to
defer to people with current Ubuntu experience.

Dan