[OPEN-ILS-DEV] MARC Record Import from txt

Elliot Voris evoris at slcconline.edu
Thu Dec 22 12:05:25 EST 2011

I've made a bit of progress with help from the PostgreSQL mailing list.

I installed XML::LibXML, and that did indeed clear up the 'ParserDetails.ini' trouble, but now I get another error. This time, it references three specific lines in three separate .pm files.

evergreen=# INSERT INTO biblio.record_entry (marc, last_xact_id) SELECT marc, 'IMPORT' FROM marcxml_import;
ERROR:  Tag "" is not a valid tag. at /usr/share/perl5/MARC/File/SAX.pm line 92 at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1/XML/LibXML/SAX.pm line 99
at /usr/share/perl5/MARC/File/XML.pm line 445
CONTEXT:  PL/Perl function "maintain_control_numbers"
evergreen=#

I've tried looking at the actual files, Googling it, but it's all Greek to me. I'm attaching the files, hoping that someone could take a look at them. Does this make sense to anyone? Which file/line is the actual problem?

I'm unsure of who to ask for help. I'm not sure if it's an issue with PostgreSQL, Evergreen, OpenSRF, or Perl. Any pointers?

Thanks for all the help!!

Elliot J Voris