[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Expert review requested - access to documentation...

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Wed Feb 9 08:37:49 EST 2011

I have forwarded this problem along with traceroute results to both the VMWare administrator and our Network administrator at our college who are looking into it. They have indicated that the DNS entry for the server seem to be OK.

I've compared  the configuration on the server to other servers which seem to be accessible from anywhere (libcat.mohawkcollege.ca) and have not found any differences on those server configurations. I am willing to try some other things at the server level if anyone has any tips or suggestions, but I am not sure if the problem is at that level. I could also forward any tips or suggestions onto the network administrator or VMWare administrator.

If the problem persists, perhaps the DocBook resources should be moved or mirrored on another server in a different geographic location? Mirroring the content of our documentation would not be too difficult. The current DocBook site is automatically updated by pulling from the git repository and generating the HTML and PDF files so having another site pull from the same git repo would ensure the same content on multiple sites. The hardest part is probabple setting up the DocBook transforms:

http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=documentation:setting_up_docbook_transforms

Robert

Robert Soulliere, BA (Hons), MLIS
Systems Librarian