[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Submission: Permission Profile Filtering in Patron Search interface

Peters, Michael MRPeters at library.IN.gov
Wed Feb 9 09:59:15 EST 2011

Hi all,

Thanks to some gracious help and XUL/Javascript teaching from Jason Etheridge and Thomas Berezansky I've gotten a permission profile filter option built into trunk's (19413) patron search interface!  This patch will allow you to select a specific patron profile from the dropdown to include only search results for patrons who match that permission profile, as seen in the attached screenshot.  This is tested and working brilliantly in trunk and Evergreen 2.0.1.

I've also made an attempt at backporting this to the rel_1_6_0 branch, but am experiencing some trouble and hoping for another set of eyes on this.

The patron search interface, when loaded, hangs for about 30 seconds then gives an error "unresponsive script", then if you "continue", same loop.  The error also refers to Script: http://DOMAIN/opac/common/js/fmgen.js:64 which I assume is the fieldmapper trying to pull names from permission.group_tree, but I'm a bit unsure where this is failing.  If anyone has a 1.6 series release they could test this on, I'd sure appreciate it!  I'd like to find out if it's just my environment, or if it affects others.

Sincerely,
Michael Peters
Indiana State Library MIS | Inspire.IN.gov Helpdesk | Evergreen Indiana Helpdesk
office - 317.234.2128
email - mrpeters at library.in.gov<mailto:mrpeters at library.in.gov>