[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Indexing/Search functionality (was: Planning for Evergreen development, post 2.0)

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 16:50:08 EST 2011

In my testing, PG 9.0 works fine with Evergreen 2.0.  I don't know of any
production sites using that config, though.

--miker
 On Feb 9, 2011 4:38 PM, "Duimovich, George" <
George.Duimovich at nrcan-rncan.gc.ca> wrote:
> Hello Mike,
>
> Just related follow-up question. I noted that the install notes for 2.0
state "PostgreSQL 8.4 is the minimum supported version."

> Is PostgreSQL 9.x officially supported in EG 2.0 - or is the 9.x version
for dev/testing situations only.

open-ils-dev-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Mike Rylander
> Sent: February 9, 2011 15:22
> To: Evergreen Development Discussion List
> Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Indexing/Search functionality (was: Planning
for Evergreen development, post 2.0)

> So, this is a big change, and thus I'm posting the patch here first both
to solicit feedback on the direction and as a poke to those who may be
interested but might have forgotten about this over the last several weeks.

> This is phase 1, wherein I have make the db changes required for SVF and
brought QueryParser.pm in line with those changes. This requires Postgres
9.0+ and the hstore contrib module (along with everything else the Evergreen
needs) in order to work. I'm continuing to move forward, but again, feedback
is welcome!