[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Monograph Parts

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Wed Feb 16 13:45:16 EST 2011

Mike,

This does sound wonderful., especially if I am understanding correctly
that it would enable the system to target any volume 2 in any library to
fulfill a hold placed for that volume attached to that bib record?

While a way to automatically convert multipart items to this would be
nice, I am not sure you would ever be able to account for the myriad ways
PINES libraries have indicated volume holdings. On the same record. For
the same volume. If you do later develop an automated process, please add
to it a way to stop it if needed and an exceptions report so that
libraries can manual clean up anything the system identified as multipart
but that could not be transferred.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES Bibliographic Projects and Metadata Manager
Georgia Public Library Service,
A Unit of the University System of Georgia
1800 Century Place, Suite 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304
404.235-7128
404.235-7201, fax