[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** Re: Apparent MARC import problem in 2.0.x

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Feb 16 19:41:57 EST 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 04:39:18PM -0700, John Craig wrote:

<snip evil HTML>

> OK. This problem is confirmed
> (as far as I can tell); and it's not a change between 2.0.0 and 2.0.1;
> I haven't traced back further than 2.0.0, but 2.0.0 has the same
> behavior (darn it).<br>
> In 2.0.x, somewhere in the Evergreen logic inside the
> open-ils.cat.biblio.record.xml.update method, my source records' 9xx
> tags are getting discarded--now, I expected this to happen with any 901
> tags in the source data; but it's dropping all 9xx tags (907, 910, 945,
> 980, 998)<br>
> tags are in the source records, but I'm not using marc2bre.pl. My
> program reads the records from a file and calls the open-ils.cat method
> via an OpenSRF session. (Just for the record, marc2bre.pl's output
> includes the 9xx tags.)<br>

> I've verified via the osrfsys.log file that the tags are in the XML
> parameter data passed to the open-ils.cat.biblio.record.xml.update
> method.<br>

I just did the simplest possible thing (called
open-ils.cat.biblio.record.xml.update from srfsh using a record that
includes a 907, 910, 945, etc field) and checked;  all of the 9xx
tags came through just fine in the database.

Maybe if you included your program and a sample record we would be able
to help you, but without that I have to assume the problem is in your
custom program or in your data.