[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Batch program dying on cstore timeouts

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Tue Jan 4 08:42:13 EST 2011

Quoting Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com>:

> There is, though it's not Java but Perl:
> http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/OpenSRF/browser/trunk/src/perl/lib/OpenSRF/MultiSession.pm

John, I think you could fake something like this strictly in Java
using a ThreadPoolExecutor in Java and wrapping your OpenSRF calls in
Tasks/Futures.

A Multisession OpenSRF Java module could probably be implemented in a
similar way.

Of course, that limits you to using JRE 1.5.0 or later.

On a related note, we're running into a similar problem with the view
holds shelf menu option. We get very similar cstore deaths on our
test/demo servers. I'm going to modify the code to perhaps use
Mutlisession for that to see if it fixes things for us, that is if it
is still a problem after I do a reload this week. If it does, I'll
send a patch.

Jason