[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Still receiving no data from the server

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Jan 18 19:07:13 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 02:17:35PM -0600, Ortega, Anthony wrote:
> I posted this last week and only received one response. I reinstalled
> again over the weekend and had the same outcome:
>
> . I followed the instructions exactly and receive no errors when I start
> the services. The problem comes when I try to send a request to the
> framework:

Hi Antony:

It's pretty rare these days that someone actually follows the
instructions exactly and fails to get a running OpenSRF.

To help us help you, can you:

1) Tell us what Linux distribution (and version, and bitness, and
anything else that might be unusual such as running on an EC2 instance)
you're running on

2) Link to the install documentation that you're following so we're in
sync

3) Note if there are any errors in other logs (grep ERR /openils/var/log/*log)

4) Send us your /etc/hosts, /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml,
/openils/conf/opensrf.xml, and /openils/var/log/osrfsys.log files (or
better, post them to a server somewhere where we can poke at them as the
list has an annoying habit of stripping out attachments).

Then we'll have a better chance of being able to help you out.

Also, you'll often find people willing and able to help out in realtime
on the #evergreen IRC channel on the Freenode network.

Dan