[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Upgrade RC2 to RC3

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Thu Jan 27 13:44:17 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:24:47PM -0500, Jason Stephenson wrote:

<snip>

> When you install Evergreen from a tarball (a .tar.gz file), the
> config.upgrade_log is not currently set with the latest database
> version number in the same way that it is set from a SVN checkout.
> This means that there is no easy way to upgrade your database
> without running eg_db_config.pl and recreating the schemas thereby
> losing all of your data.

D'oh! This is the part where I eat crow; I didn't realize the
config.upgrade_log insert statement was getting munged in the tarballs
to an effectively useless value. Perhaps we should be inserting both the
real version number ('0478' for 2.0.0) as well as the human-readable
value ('2.0.0') so that the upgrade scripts still could be used.

Dan