[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Prep for merging vandelay-improvement branch to master

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Fri Jul 1 14:10:03 EDT 2011

Hi,

Over the last few months ESI has been working on some new Vandelay
features.  The original code lives in the vandelay-improvement branch on
evergreen/equinox.git.  The code is nearing completion and I've begun
the process of cleaning it up in preparation for a merge into master.
I've done some minor squashing, but left the vast majority of the
original commits intact.  The staging branch is currently at:

http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=evergreen/equinox.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/vandelay-improvement-squash

* May be subject to forced updates.

Here's my draft of the merge commit for info/reference:

--------
Vandelay matching, quality, error reporting, and queue export additions

  * Configuration of direct MARC field comparisons of incoming record to
existing records
  * Support for nested boolean MARC comparison expressions: e.g. 100a
and (020a or 024a)
  * Support for field-level match scores to create an overall per-record
match score
  * Support for best match merge/overlay
  * Support for field-level quality metrics to determine overall record
quality
  * Support for enforcing a minimum quality ratio on import to prevent
import of lower quality records
  * Support for capturing and reporting record and item import failures.
  * Support for exporting record queues and items as print, CSV, and email
  * Various small display fixes and cleanup

Of course, the individual commits have more feature-specific detail.  We
will also be providing user documentation on the new features.

There's still a good bit of testing and clean up to do, but my goal is
to merge into master by next week, if possible.  I welcome all
questions/comments/concerns.  Special thanks to MassLNC for sponsoring
the development and documentation.

-b

--
Bill Erickson