[OPEN-ILS-DEV] OPAC Renewal Circ Library

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Jul 5 15:58:04 EDT 2011

Quick response:

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Thomas Berezansky <tsbere at mvlc.org> wrote:
> Since our migration here at MVLC we have noticed that OPAC renewals occur at
> the patron's home library. This caused us some problems when patrons were
> given invalid home libraries (since patched).
>
> I felt that an OPAC renewal should happen at the original circulation
> library, rather than the patron's home library, for a number of reasons:

Agreed, at Conifer we implemented this policy via the circ scripts
(after much gnashing of teeth and lamentations in the early days).
There would be much wailing and lamentation if we switched to in-db
circ and this problem started popping up again.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/806049
>
> The branch is here:
>
> http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/user/tsbere@mvlc.org/opac_renewal_reuse_circ_lib

I would suggest caching the value of the global flag at initialize()
time, as it is unlikely that the global flag will change very often;
otherwise the patch looks good to me.