[OPEN-ILS-DEV] URI enhancement

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Jul 6 18:07:25 EDT 2011

Hi,

On 07/06/2011 05:51 PM, James Fournie wrote:
> This is currently not possible, but could be enabled fairly easily by
> adjusting the main postgres search function's URI block to include a
> check for parent org units.

So if I understand this correctly, if a record has a located URI for a
particular OU, you want that record and URI to be visible for all of its
descendants, including when a search is scoped to one of those
descendants specifically?

If so, at first glance that makes sense to me -- an electronic resource
that belongs to a system usually is meant to be accessible to all of its
children.

Regards,

Galen
--