[OPEN-ILS-DEV] RE : work in progress

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 14:22:41 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 2:13 PM,  <Gislaine.Hamelin at statcan.gc.ca> wrote:

> [...]

[Hamelin, Gislaine - CLSD/DCSB]  record cloning

While not direct cloning, you can do this if you use the Z39.50 Import
interface and search just the evergreen catalog.  You can also do it,
in 2.0 and beyond, by copying the flat-text version of a record and
pasting it into a new, fresh record, using two MARC Editors in
separate tabs.

>> Authority validation within the MARC editing record
>>

> This exists today.

[Hamelin, Gislaine - CLSD/DCSB]  In 2.1?

Yes, and before, and 2.2 will be much enhanced in this area.  If you
have authority records loaded simply use the Validate button in the
MARC editor.

>> Drop down lists for fixed fields within the bib record
>>
>> Shelf list
>>

> This can be generated from a report today.  I am not sure if there are
> any canned reports available from others for this, though.

[Hamelin, Gislaine - CLSD/DCSB]  Actually we would want to consult the
shelf list when creating call numbers.

I see.  At least one workflow (focusing on one bib record, in
particular) exposes this information, though that may not be what
you're concerned with.

>> Routing lists within serials module
>>

> The infrastructure for this, at least, is complete.  I am not certain
> about the UI, but I thought it was complete as well.
>
>> Global editing through reports
>>

> Depending on what you mean by this (updating bibliographic records
> from a report of record ids), this is complete as of 2.1 as well.

[Hamelin, Gislaine - CLSD/DCSB]  Yes, an example would be removing a
particular field from the record or globally changing an authority
record also.

2.0 supports automatic authority update today, and removing a
particular field from a list of records is exactly one of the
supported use cases in 2.1 and beyond.

I hope that helps!